Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Gunless – Movie Passes and Original Soundtrack
Starting next week, on April 28, Gunless premieres at movie theatres across Canada. Gunless is the new Canadian comedy that pokes fun at the American Wild West, the Hollywood Western genre, and most importantly, the Canadian stereotype of a people who are passive, polite, and affable to an annoying fault.
Starring Paul Gross as The Montana Kid, the movie also features an original soundtrack composed by Greg Keelor.
We here at BlueRodeo.com have a bunch of passes to give away to the following screenings:
- Toronto, Scotiabank Theatre – April 28, 7 pm
- Hamilton, Silvercity Ancaster – April 29, 7 pm
- Waterloo, Galaxy Cinemas – April 29, 7 pm
- St. Catharines, Empire Theatres Pen Center – April 29, 7 pm
- Kingston, Cineplex Odeon Gardiners Road – April 29, 7 pm
- Ottawa, Empire 7 Cinemas – April 29, 7 pm
- Saskatoon, Galaxy Cinemas – April 29, 7 pm
- Regina, Galaxy Cinemas Regina – April 29, 7 pm
- Winnipeg, Silvercity Polo Park – April 29, 7 pm
- Halifax, Empire 8 Park Lane Cinemas – April 29, 7 pm
- St. John’s, Empire Studio 12 Cinemas – April 29, 7 pm
- Victoria, Silvercity Victoria – April 29, 7 pm
To win a pair of passes, email [email protected] with your mailing address and the desired screening city.
But before the movie premieres, the Gunless Original Soundtrack will be released on Tuesday, April 27. The BlueRodeo.com store will have copies available for you to purchase. Watch this space next week for more details.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Blue Rodeo Announce US Dates
Blue Rodeo is going stateside for a handful of shows, and BlueRodeo.com is making it easy for you to get your tickets. Right now over in the Store, purchase your tickets for shows in Philadelphia, New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco. And there will be more to come! We’ll be sure to announce new dates as the information becomes available to us.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Get Your Tickets to the Hearts Gathering Children’s Concert
Tickets are now available to Blue Rodeo’s performance at the Hearts Gathering Children’s Concert in St. Catharines, ON. This very special charity event, which supports Adrie’s House of Hope for Orphaned and Abandoned Children in South Africa, takes place April 11, 2010. Click here to purchase your tickets today.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Young Artists for Haiti Release Charity Anthem
More than 50 Canadian musicians lend their voices to single.
Watch the video here!
A constellation of more than 50 Canadian stars – including Jim Cuddy – gathered in Vancouver’s The Warehouse Studio last month to record a song in aid of the victims of the Haiti earthquake. Spearheaded by legendary music producer Bob Ezrin and three-time 2010 Juno Award nominee K’naan under the banner Young Artists for Haiti, the song and video – a brand new rendition of K’naan’s “Wavin’ Flag” – will be available for sale wherever music is sold digitally as of Friday, March 12 at 12:01am ET. All proceeds from the sale of the single will go to Free The Children, War Child Canada and World Vision Canada in support of their on-the-ground efforts in Haiti.
“I’m honoured to have experienced the soulful energies of so many talented individuals who contributed their voices and expertise to ‘Wavin’ Flag’,” says K’naan. “The unity and spirit of everyone involved in the recording reminds us that we all share in the responsibility to help. We can’t let the situation in Haiti fall off the public’s agenda.”
You can support this worthy cause by purchasing the single right here.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
It was announced during an earlier press conference today that Blue Rodeo has been nominated for a Juno award in the Group of the Year category!
And just to be sure that the band will be on hand to accept their award should they win, Blue Rodeo will also be performing on the televised event.
Also special congratulations to Darryl Neudorf who was nominated in the Engineer of the Year category for his work on The Things We Left Behind.
JUNO Week takes place April 12-18, 2010, in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, culminating in the live broadcast of THE 2010 JUNO AWARDS, Sunday, April 18 on CTV.
And in other great news, Blue Rodeo has entered the Top Ten on the Americana Music Association playlist! Check out the full list here!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
The Things We Left Behind Certified Platinum
Thanks to all of the incredible Blue Rodeo fans who have helped The Things We Left Behind attain platinum certification (80,000+ units sold). The album is currently charting at #28 on the US Americana Charts, and has been on the Top 100 selling albums in Canada for 12 weeks now!
Friday, January 29, 2010
The Things We Left Behind Released in the US
All of North America is enjoying The Things We Left Behind now that the album has released in the States. Check out these great reviews!
- “… a testimony to the creative staying power of this extraordinary country-rock outfit…The Things We Left Behind is a lesson in how to deliver a first-rate country-rock album in this day and age… this one is a definite keeper!” – Power Pop
- “Cuddy and Keelor both seem to be taking stock, reflecting on the passage of time and the state of the heart with penetrating but poetic insight… An absolutely stellar outing, this is unquestionably the strongest statement yet from a band that continues to set new standards with each release. Highly recommended!” – BlogCritics
- “…it helps when you have two songwriters as consistently great as Jim Cuddy and Greg Keelor, who are obviously trying to push themselves creatively. The results are pretty impressive.” – PopDose
Plus read many more reviews in publications such as Slant, the Banner Graphic, Chicks With Guns, and upcoming reviews in Spin and the new M magazines.
This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Jim and Greg were on This Hour Has 22 Minutes recently, interviewed ambushed by Geri Hall during their stop in Halifax. Watch the clip right here.
New 2010 Tour Merch
Brand new 2010 Tour merchandise will be arriving in the BlueRodeo.com Store very soon. We’ll have all the t-shirts currently being sold at the shows right now, and some brand new toques and scarfs!